Socket Mobile SocketScan® S840 1D/2D Barcode Scanner
Thin, Small & Lightweight 1D/2D Bluetooth Scanner
The Socket Mobile S840 is a fast-scanning 2D/1D imager barcode scanner with Bluetooth® wireless technology. Small, thin and easy to use, the scanner is optimized for attaching to mobile devices, enabling one-handed operation. The S840 can scan barcodes printed on labels or displayed on device screens. It reads all the most popular 2D/1D barcodes and is perfect for retail point of sale, inventory management, sales order entry, field service, and other mobile business applications.
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology - Connects easily to a wide range of Bluetooth enabled smartphones, tablets, notebook and desktop computers.
- Certified by Apple® for iOS devices – Guaranteed Compatibility.
- Scanning – Fast 2D & 1D, Omni-directional barcode scanning with highly visible and safe LED aimer.
- LED Aimer - Bright, rectangular illumination field with LED dot for precise aiming.
- Size & Weight – Measuring less than ½ inch (1.27cm) thick and weighing less than two ounces (48g).
- User Feedback - With audible tones, hand pulsation and Bluetooth indicators.
- Long-Lasting Battery - Power to last over 16 hours.
- One-Handed Operation – Attachable clip included.
- Protective Material - Made with antimicrobial material for protection against potentially harmful bacteria.
- Application Integration – Socket Mobile’s Capture SDK enables easy integration in your applications to improve business productivity with fast, efficient and reliable data transfer over Bluetooth wireless technology.
3.42 in (86.9 mm)
0.53 in (13.43 mm)
2.12 in (53.94 mm)
Supported Barcode Symbologies:
- 1D Symbologies: Australia Post, Bookland EAN, Chinese 2 of 5, Codabar, Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, Composite CC-A/B, Composite CC-C, Composite TLC, Discrete 2 of 5, EAN-13/JAN, EAN-8/JAN, GS1 Databar, GS1 Databar Expanded, GS1 Databar Limited, GS1-128, Interleaved 2 of 5, ISBT 128, ISSN EAN, Matrix 2 of 5, MSI, UPC/EAN/JAN, UPC A, UPC EO
- 2D Symbologies: Aztec, Data Matrix, Maxicode, Micro PDF417, MicroQR, PDF417, QR Code
42° (Horizontal) - 28° (Vertical)
640 horizontal x 400 vertical pixels
Down to 25%
3.8 to 49.5 cm (1.5 to 19.5 in.) Depends on barcode size, symbology, label media, Narrow and Wide ratio, scan angle
POWER & BATTERIES
Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
Expected Battery Life: (preliminary)
10 hrs or 10,000 scans
Battery Charging Time:
With USB charging cable: approx. 4 hours (under conditions of 0 to +40°C)
+32 to +122ºF (0 to +50ºC)
-22 to +158ºF (-30 to +70ºC)
5% to 95% non-condensing
Sunlight: 100,000 lux Artificial light: 4,844 lux
Class 2 Bluetooth, version 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Ranges)
33 ft (10 m)
- Profiles Supported:
- S840 Barcode Scanner
- Charging Cable
- Universal Klip (securely attaches to a third-party protective device case, providing a one-handed scanning solution)